This time too it was as exciting as last year. This was third time Mobicents core team met, and each one of us did presentations of the project we are working on. The agenda of the meet was:
- Overview of project status, partner ecosystem and market opportunities; internal training for pre-sales and consulting teams.
- Productization achievements in 2009 and current challenges. Comparison with JBoss EAP and SOA productization. Goals and milestones for 2009-2010.
- Documentation, achievements in 2009. Current process, challenges and goals
- QE: achievements in 2009, current QE lab setup, automated test harness, outstanding challenges, what to expect in 2009-2010
- MSS achievements, challenges and roadmap
- IPBX Demo, STF, Ruby API
- MMS achievements, challenges and roadmap, what to expect in 2009-2010
- Diameter achievements, challenges and roadmap, what to expect in 2009-2010
- Mobicents JSLEE 2.x.y achievements, challenges and roadmap, what to expect in 2009-2010
- Presence Services achievements, challenges and roadmap, what to expect in 2009-2010
- 3G and IMS
- MMS - SS7 review, use cases, implementation strategies
- HA status, implementation roadmap alternatives, cross-server strategy
The major achievements of the past year is Mobicents Media Server, Mobicents Sip Servlet Server, Mobicents JAIN SLEE Server and Mobicents Diameter all went GA! Mobicents JAIN SLEE Server is already JAIN SLEE 1.1 compliant.
This couldn't have been possible without the continuous support of the community. For all the discussions, presentation and blogs from other team members please visit Mobicents Brno page.
I did two presentations on MMS 2.x.y architecture and role of MMS in SS7 world.
MMS 2.x.y architecture makes it one of the most flexible and the only OpenSource media server available as of today built on top of JBoss Microcontainer.
For SS7 support, Zaptel compatible SS7 cards will be installed on MMS and MMS core will take care of media circuit. For signaling the lower level parsing of MTP2 and MTP3 will be done by MMS and then depending on the protocol the message will be forwarded to corresponding stack wrapped by JAIN SLEE resource adaptor for handling the signaling and business logic in SBBs. Going forward we will have complete SS7 support like ISUP, SCCP, TCAP, MAP, etc. This will bridge the gap between legacy and next generation applications.
We marked day end by team dinner at some real good restaurant's and visiting pub's. Also enjoyed playing soccer at Public Garden and Go-Karting on one of the evenings.
The Team from Left to Right : Jean, Ivelin, Amit, Luis, Bartek, Vladimir, Alex and Eduardo. Our host Pavel is missing.
RedHat, Brno office has great infrastructure and they also have Wii Game Console. Bartek killed me 'n' number of times while playing 'James Bond: Quantum of Solace'. "I will get back with vengeance Bartek"
The beer of Brno is worth mentioning, they have different varieties of beer and we didn't leave a single chance to savour it ;)
From left to right Vladimir, Alex and Eduardo
Thats me and Vladimir
Extreme right is Pavel. A big thanks to Pavel for arranging everything :) The team walking on a mission after beer.
The mystery man Oleg couldn't make this time either :( I hope one day will come when GOD's are happy and we will get blessing to meet Oleg face-to-face. Other members missing from team are Vicky and Jared.